Protego-PD™ Preclinical Milestones & Timeline
Reduction in NEC disease severity and number of affected regions in the gut with pre-treatment in a preclinical model of NEC.
Compilation of naturally existing proteins needed during normal development in utero, and no safety or tolerability incidences during preclinical evaluation to preclude the use of Protego-PD™ among babies at risk for NEC.
Reduction in articulating cartilage damage following severe trauma in a preclinical model of ACL tear and meniscus damage. Increased proliferation of chondrocytes & cartilage explants in culture.
High Yield Consistency
Compilation of naturally-derived proteins prevents joint inflammation, unique to steroid, hyaluronic acid, platelet rich plasma and amniotic fluid.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Data on file. Plakous Therapeutics.
- Mara KC, Clark RH, Carey WA. Necrotizing Enterocolitis in Very Low Birth Weight Neonates: A Natural History Study. Am J Perinatol. 2022 Sep 16. doi: 10.1055/a-1851-1692. PMID: 35554890.
- Frost BL, Modi BP, Jaksic T, Caplan MS. New Medical and Surgical Insights Into Neonatal Necrotizing Enterocolitis: A Review. JAMA Pediatr. 2017 Jan 1;171(1):83-88. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2016.2708. PMID: 27893069.
- Vine JB, Apiliprantis AO, Gomoll AH, Farr J. Cryopreserved amniotic suspension for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. J Knee Surg. 2015;29(6):443-50.
- Carbone A, Rodeo S. Review of current understanding of post-traumatic osteoarthritis resulting from sports injuries. J Orthop Res. 2017 Mar;35(3):397-405. doi: 10.1002/jor.23341. Epub 2016 Jul 22. PMID: 27306867.